StarTech.com USB 3.0 Trayless External 3.5 inches SATA III HDD Enclosure w/ UASP for SATA 6 Gbps - Alluminum USB Hard Drive Enclosure - Black
Product Features And Applications
- Retrieve data from an old SATA drive, or turn the unused drive into additional external storage space
- Turn a high capacity SATA hard drive into portable, external storage
- Hot-swap drives using a single enclosure, instead of having to swap separate enclosures
- Backup and protect important files on an external portable enclosure
- UASP compliant
- Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5Gbps/480Mbps/12Mbps)
- Trayless aluminum enclosure
- Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
- Tool-less installation
For universal compatibility, you can connect the enclosure through USB 3.0, with support for UASP. When connected to a UASP compatible host port, the enclosure is capable of performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, making it easy to take advantage of the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The HDD enclosure offers a versatile solution for increasing the storage/backup capabilities of your computer, with support for large capacity hard drives, and the ability to easily hot-swap between drives. Plus, to maximize both durability and reliability, the enclosure features high-quality aluminum construction.
Improved Performance With UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance. At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.