Intel Core i3 i3-4170 Dual-core (2 Core) 3.70 GHz Processor - Socket H3 LGA-1150Retail Pack BX80646I34170
- Processor Type: Core i3
- Processor Speed: 3.70 GHz
- Socket Size: 22 nm
Product DescriptionIntel Core i3 i3-4170 Dual-core (2 Core) 3.70 GHz Processor - Socket H3 LGA-1150Retail Pack BX80646I34170 Intel Processors
Get more from less
The Intel 4th generation Core i3-4170 processor is based on the new 22nm Haswell Microarchitecture for improved CPU performance. Advanced power management innovations help keep power consumption in check. New compute instructions ensures enhanced performance per cycle. Improved Intel integrated graphics enables discrete-level graphics performance. Extract more power from your Haswell core-based processor.
- Haswell Microarchitecture on 22nm process The new Microarchitecture (code name Haswell) has full integrated voltage regulator (FIVR) for simplified motherboard design. It delivers improved CPU performance and enhanced overclocking over its previous generation Microarchitecture.
- New 4 generation Intel Core processor family instructions Haswell core-based processors come with Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel AVX2). Intel AVX2 expands integer data to 256-bit SIMD to increase the performance of integer operations. It also offers new capabilities such as Gather and FMA (Fused Multiply-Add). Additional new instructions accelerate key algorithms including parallel extract/deposit, bit manipulation operations and new rotates/multiplies/shift. The AES-NI performance is also improved.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.
- Intel processor graphics with Dx11.1 & OPenCL 1.2 Haswell core-based processors offer improved integrated graphics. The integrated graphics supports DirectX 11.1 for optimized graphics performance and OpenGL 3.2 & OpenCL 1.2 for enhanced general purpose computing in GPGPU supported applications. It also features digital display repartition, where digital display ports are wired directly to the CPU and analog displays are handled by a Random Access Memory Digital-to-Analog Converter (RAMDAC) located in the Platform Controller Hub (PCH). It supports up to three independent displays: HDMI, DVI, Display Port, VGA (via Lynx Point).
- Haswell power management innovation Haswell core-based processors offer advanced power management. It has 20x + improvement from prior generation and is automatic, continuous, fine-grained, transparent to well written SW.